I don’t mind stiff competition, but I want to make sure the hard facts are told. First and foremost, I love being a part of NASCAR and have worked very hard to earn the privilege of competing in the Sprint Cup Series. On Friday night, Robby Gordon, who has a long history of issues in NASCAR decided to ambush me in the garage area at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, completely unprovoked. Robby even confronted Joe Nemechek, my car owner, on pit road during Cup Series qualifying shoving him and telling him that he was looking for me and going to assault me. We have many witnesses including a crew chief that signed a police report documenting the truth of his physical attack on me. Situations like this are not good for our sport. It’s one thing if we were racing each other and I wrecked him or he wrecked me, that’s an entirely different situation. It’s very unfortunate that he chose to physically attack me to address his rage. Our fans, sponsors and NASCAR expect and deserve more from our competitors than this bullish, illegal behavior that was displayed by Robby against me.
NASCAR announced that Robby Gordon, drive of the No. 7 Sprint Cup Dodge, has been placed on probation until the end of the calendar year for a rule infraction he committed March 4 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
The probation is the result of a heated discussion that occurred between Gordon and Kevin Conway at LVMS. Conway and Gordon are involved in legal disputes with each other.
Last year, Conway drove six races for Gordon’s Robby Gordon Motorsports team with sponsorship from ExtenZe. Conway, who won the Rookie of the Year award last season, is seeking $27,000 from Gordon for winning the award. Gordon, however, is seeking $690,000 he claims ExtenZe owes him  for a sponsorship deal that placed the male-enhancement company on the No. 7. He says once he receives that money, he will pay Conway.
Gordon was said to have confronted Conway in the garage area at LVMS. Conway filed a police report, and issued a statement. He said: