Joe Gibbs Racing is close to signing a long-term extension with Toyota within the next month, according to ESPN.com . There has been speculation that JGR could switch to Dodge, but this news makes those rumors seem less likely.
JGR President JD Gibbs said that the team working on a deal that would keep them with Toyota “for a long time to come.”
Dodge is looking for a team to anchor its program after Penske Racing, the only major team that currently fields Dodges in the Sprint Cup Series, decided to switch to Ford next season .
JGR’s contract with Toyota is up at the end of the season, making them a target for Dodge. Dodge has also approached Richard Petty Motorsports , as it searches for a program to replace Penske.
In related news, Toyota plans to unveil its 2013 Sprint Cup Camry on May 22nd at Toyota Racing Development in North Carolina.
- RPM: Dodge Approached Us To Run 2013 Charger 
- Penske Will Switch From Dodge To Ford In 2013 
- Dodge Unveils 2013 Sprint Cup Charger 
- Ford Unveils 2013 Sprint Cup Fusion 
- Chevy Working On New Model For 2013 Cup Competition