Following Kurt Busch’s suspension that will cause him to miss this weekend’s Pocono 400 at Pocono Raceway, Tommy Baldwin Racing announced that David Reutimann will fill in for Busch in the No. 51 Phoenix Racing Chevy. Reutimann was slated to drive the No. 10 TBR Chevy in the Pocono race. Instead, Dave Blaney will pilot that machine.
Tony Raines will take over driving duties in TBR’s No. 36 Chevy, which was to be driven by Blaney.
Team owner Tommy Baldwin said:
I understand the position James was put in this week. As an owner of a small team, I wanted to help him out. We talked and thought that this lineup would be best for both of our teams.
Busch was suspended following an incident with Sporting News reporter Bob Pockrass after the 5-Hour Energy 200 at Dover International Speedway.
- Kurt Busch Suspended; To Miss Pocono Cup Race
- Busch Fined, Placed On Probation For Darlington Incident
- Busch To Drive For Phoenix Racing In 2012
- Allmendinger To Drive Penske Racing’s No. 22 In 2012
- Richard Petty Motorsports Considering Kurt Busch?
- Busch Situation Proves That Sponsorship Drives NASCAR
- It’s Official: Busch, Penske Agree To Part Ways
- NASCAR Fines Kurt Busch For Actions At Homestead