Published on September 4th, 2012 | by Michael J Smith0
It’s Official: Kenseth To Join JGR In 2013
It’s official. Matt Kenseth will join Joe Gibbs Racing in 2013, the team announced. Kenseth will drive the No. 20 Home Depot Toyota next season, replacing Joey Logano.
Logano is expected to announce that he will be moving to the No. 22 Penske Racing Ford in 2013.
Kenseth announced in June that he would be leaving Roush Fenway Racing, the team for which he raced with his entire Sprint Cup career. While he didn’t give any indication as to where he was headed, rumors start circulating that he was headed to Joe Gibbs Racing.
Ironically enough, in the middle of last season, Joe Gibbs Racing was rumored to be pursuing Carl Edwards, who ultimately re-signed with RFR. At the time, JGR was said to have offered Edwards an $8 million base salary and a $10 million signing bonus, which was unprecedented. Edwards recently indicated that he will drive for RFR in 2013, though some speculate that he has an “out” in his contract that he could exercise if he fails to make the Chase.
- Source: Logano To Join Penske Racing In 2013
- Kenseth To Join Joe Gibbs Racing In 2013?
- Kenseth Leaving RFR; Stenhouse To Cup In 2013
- Edwards Re-Signs With Roush Fenway Racing
- Joe Gibbs Racing Rumored To Have Offered Edwards $18M
- Edwards To Joe Gibbs Racing’s No. 20 In 2012?