Published on October 6th, 2013 | by Michael J Smith0
Johnston Asks For Release From MWR
Crew chief Chad Johnston has asked Michael Waltrip Racing for his release from the team at the end of the season. Johnston has served as crew chief for the No. 56 Toyota, which is losing its sponsor at the end of the season.
NAPA Auto Parts decided to leave the No. 56 after MWR was penalized for its attempt to manipulate the results of the Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond International Raceway, which also altered the Chase.
Obviously, we’re kind of in limbo right now, so everyone is minding their P’s and Q’s right now and getting something lined up for next year. At the end of the day, we have to support our families and it’s a livelihood for us. It’s a well-known fact that we need to be looking. I just want to do it the right way.
- NAPA To End Sponsorship Of MWR’s No. 56
- NASCAR’s Bowyer Penalty Was The Right Call
- Newman To Replace Truex Jr In The Chase
- Bowyer’s Spin Was Almost Certainly Intentional
- Edwards Wins Wild Richmond Sprint Cup Race