Published on October 11th, 2013 | by Michael J Smith0
Stewart Undergoes Third Surgery On Injured Leg
Tony Stewart underwent surgery on his right leg to examine and close a wound on his shin stemming from the broken tibia and fibula he suffered in a sprint car crash earlier this year.
The surgery is not expected to impact his recovery. It was performed because the injury wasn’t healing as it should be.
It is the third surgery Stewart has had on his injured leg.
On August 5th, Stewart was involved in a wreck at Southern Iowa Speedway in which he broke his tibia and fibula.
- Stewart To Miss Remainder Of Cup Season
- Dillon To Fill In For Stewart At Bristol
- Vickers To Drive MWR’s No. 55 Full Time In 2014
- Stewart’s Injury Should Lead To Safety Improvements
- Stewart To Miss Watkins Glen; Papis In No. 14