Published on October 17th, 2013 | by Michael J Smith0
Truex To Drive For Furniture Row In 2014
Truex was left without a ride after NAPA Auto Parts decided to leave Michael Waltrip Racing in the aftermath of MWR’s attempt to manipulate the finish of the Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond International Raceway.
MWR teammate Brian Vickers was instructed to pit under green at Richmond to allow Truex to pass him and gain a point. Clint Bowyer also spun suspiciously, causing a caution that prevented Ryan Newman from winning the race and knocking Truex out of the Chase.
NASCAR penalized MWR and pulled Truex out of the Chase.
Truex indicated that he tried to stay at MWR, but the team couldn’t put anything together in time.
Truex replaces Kurt Busch, who is leaving the No. 78 at season’s end to join Stewart Haas Racing.
- NAPA To End Sponsorship Of MWR’s No. 56
- It’s Official: Busch To SHR In 2104
- Newman To Replace Truex Jr In The Chase
- Bowyer’s Spin Was Almost Certainly Intentional
- Edwards Wins Wild Richmond Sprint Cup Race