Cup Terry Labonte, driver of the No. 32 C&J Energy Services Ford, poses during portraits for the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Daytona International Speedway on February 17, 2013 in Daytona Beach, Florida.

Published on February 21st, 2014 | by Michael J Smith

0

Labonte Says ’14 Daytona 500 Is His Last

Two-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Terry Labonte said that the 2014 Daytona  500 will be his last.

Labonte has made 32 starts in the legendary race, but he’s never won. He’s finished second three times.

Labonte said he would drive in the remaining three restrictor-plate races this season, and other select races in the No. 32 Go Fas Racing Ford.

Although Labonte told team owner Frank Stoddard that last year’s Daytona 500 would be his last, he says this year will really be his last.

Labonte said:

I still love it. I’ve been dragging this retirement out for about seven years.

 

Tags: , , , ,


About the Author

Michael J. Smith is a NASCAR enthusiast and blogger. In addition to founding this website, Michael is a journalist with over a decade of experience writing for prestigious media organizations.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


seven × 5 =

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Back to Top ↑