Published on August 13th, 2014 | by Michael J Smith0
NASCAR Penalizes No. 4 Team
NASCAR announced that it has penalized the No. 4 Stewart Haas Racing team that competes in the Sprint Cup Series for rules violations found during the Cheez-It 355 at the Glen at Watkins Glen International.
The No. 4 team was found to have violated the following sections from the NASCAR rule book:
- Section 12-1: actions detrimental to stock car racing.
- 20-2.3: Added car weight
- Any weight added to the car must be bolted inside the body shell in an approved weight container and in a position acceptable to NASCAR officials.
- Added weight must be in block form of not less than five pound blocks (no pellets) and painted white with the car number or team identification permanently legible on it.
As a result of this violation, crew chief Rodney Childers has been fined $25,000.
NASCAR also announced a warning to the No. 98 Phil Parsons Racing team for an infraction that occured on August 8. The team was found to have violated:
- Section 20-16.6: Fuel filler cans
- When adding or removing fuel to/from the car in the garage area, the car must be outside the garage structure.
Multiple warnings issued to the same vehicle number/member within a given time period will result in one or more penalties in accordance to Section 12-4.1 of the rule book.