Cup Kurt Busch, driver of the No. 41 Haas Automation Chevrolet, stands on the grid during qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway on February 16, 2014 in Daytona Beach, Florida.

Published on November 8th, 2014 | by Michael J Smith


Dover PD Investigation Kurt Busch

The Dover Police Department is investigating Stewart Haas Racing driver Kurt Busch based on an allegation of domestic assault that is said to have occurred in Dover.

The police department issued a statement confirming the investigation but did not offer any other details.

While NASCAR and SHR did not comment on the matter, both did indicate that they were aware of the investigation.

The allegation stems from an incident alleged by Patricia Driscoll, Busch’s ex-girlfriend, that happened at Dover International Speedway in Busch’s motorhome.

Driscoll and Busch broke a week prior to the alleged incident. According to court documents, Busch was despondent after a poor qualifying effort. He was verbally abusive toward Driscoll and said that he wished he could “kill himself,” the documents say.

Busch then, allegedly, accused her of spying on him, then grabbed her face and slammed her head into the wall three times. Driscoll ran from the bedroom, got on a nearby bus and put ice on her head and neck. She said that the incident caused her severe pain, difficulty breathing, and bruising on her neck.

An attorney for Busch called the allegation a “complete fabrication.” In a statement, Busch attorney, Rusty Hardin, said:

The Dover Police Department has been informed that Mr. Busch will fully cooperate with their investigation and he expects to be vindicated when the entire truth of the situation comes to light. This allegation is a complete fabrication by a woman who has refused to accept the end of a relationship and Mr. Busch vehemently denies her allegations in every respect. At this time we intend to have no further comment in the media out of respect for the Dover Police Department’s desire to conduct a thorough investigation without a media circus.

The court documents were filed nearly six weeks after the alleged incident. Mark Dycio, Driscoll’s attorney, said that the reason Driscoll waited was because she was in a custody battle with her ex-husband over her son.

Tags: , , , ,

About the Author

Michael J. Smith is a NASCAR enthusiast and blogger. In addition to founding this website, Michael is a journalist with over a decade of experience writing for prestigious media organizations.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.

Back to Top ↑