Jayski is reporting that UPS is not headed to Richard Childress Racing‘s No. 07, driven by Clint Bowyer, after all. Apparently, none of RCR’s current sponsors wanted to give up races. to UPS. Likely candidates for UPS include Penske Racing or Stewart Haas Racing.
Jayski is reporting that he’s hearing that deal that would have UPS be primary sponsor for Richard Childress Racing’s No. 07, driven by Clint Bowyer, is almost finalized. Before you go believing that this is a done deal, you should remember that UPS has been rumored to be going to Stewart Haas Racing, to RCR’s No. [...]
It’s official, Tony Stewart will run the No. 14 Old Spice/Office Depot Chevy for Stewart Haas Racing in the Sprint Cup series in 2009, ending months-long speculation about the sponsors and number of his new team. Office Depot will have a 60 percent share of sponsorship, while Old Spice will have the other 40 percent. [...]
As expected, Penske Racing has announced that they team could not come to an agreement with Ryan Newman on a contract, so the Newman and Penske will part ways at the end of the season. This comes as no surprise to anyone, as Newman has been rumored to be a candidate for every available, and [...]
Captain Thunder Racing is reporting that Ryan Newman joining Newman Haas Racing seems to be a done deal. Old Spice and Office Depot are set to sponsor Tony Stewart’s car, but sources are saying that Burger King and UPS are also working on a deal to sponsor two cars for Stewart Haas Racing. Sources also say [...]
Jayski is reporting that UPS will not be going to Richard Childress Racing to sponsor the No. 07 driven by Clint Bowyer. Instead, UPS will sponsor Ryan Newman when he moves over to Stewart Haas Racing. An announcement of Newman as the driver of the second SHR car is expected at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Office Depot [...]
ESPN is reporting that Max Siegel, president of Dale Earnhardt Inc., said that DEI is not seeking a potential buyer — at least not right now. It had been reported earlier that DEI hired Bear, Stearns, & Co. Inc. to find a potential buyer for the company. Siegel said: We have not engaged Bear, Stearns or Goldman Sachs or [...]
Jayski is reporting via Siruis Satellite Radio‘s Sirius Speedway that Tony Stewart is expected to announce at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in three weeks that he’s moving to Haas CNC next season. He still has one more season left on his contract with Joe Gibbs Racing, and would need to be released. Joey Logano is expected to be [...]
Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates announced today that it was ceasing operations of its No. 40 team, driven by Dario Franchitti due to lack of sponsorship. In a press release, Ganassi said: This is a difficult decision for [co-owner] Felix [Sabates] and I that did not come without its share of anguish. In this [...]
As expected, Dale Earnhardt Inc announced today that Aric Almirola will be driving the No. 8 Chevy for DEI next season. The only bit of interesting news is that the U.S. Army was not mentioned as being the sponsor for 2009.